Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Art Blog: Young Energy

Today, a little girl walked into the room. She was supposed to be in an academic group. She walked toward me and said "I got kicked out of my group." I asked why. She told me it was because she was trying to help a friend and gave her an answer to a problem on the work. The teacher saw this as cheating. She was banned and told to leave.

As she told me the story, tears welled up in her eyes. She was a "goody goody" type of kid. You know the kind. There are many adults like this. I am one. We want to do good. We want to be perfect. We want to be stroked with words of kindness and well being. We wait to hear the words of a job well done. When it doesn't work out this way, we are devastated. I saw this mortification in her watery eyes.

I motioned for her to come closer. I whispered in her ear. "You meant to do good, didn't you?" She nodded, YES. I told her that sometimes we try to do good things and it just doesn't work out. I told her to learn this lesson. Maybe it wasn't a good time to give another student an answer. I went on to say, all she could do is learn from this little lesson. She nodded and moped away.

At the end of the day, she came up to me to say goodbye. It is doubtful that I will be her teacher again. Yet her hug was so tight and so meaningful, our future distance is of no concern. Her energy touched me. My energy touched her.

This is why I know I am on the right path now. Young energy is filling me up. Yet, my words and wisdom are helping them to be full of that same energy. She is young. I am old. We both learned.

Life is Good.

"CHILD", Alex Grey, painter

2 comments:

artjas said...

As they say in the south Sheree -- You Done Good !!

Sheree Rensel said...

Thanks artjas!! :-)