Sunday, January 5, 2014

Art Blog: How to Peel a Hard Boiled Egg

Each new year brings new dreams. Some of us make resolutions. Most of us want our lives to be better. There are lots of resolution jokes and witty quotes:

"Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual." - Mark Twain

Reading that makes me think Mark Twain knew me. Every year, I have big ideas and bigger wishes. I want to turn my world upside down and just DUMP!

"Universal Dump" by Sheree Rensel (shown upside down)

This year, I could write a LONG list of resolutions and things I want to change. Instead, I am not going to be so specific. I remember this Einstein quote:

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

I am really tired of being insane. I really am. So, the key is just to do things differently. The reason resolutions don't work is because many of the changes we want to make are rooted in habitual behaviors. We get up each morning and do things the same way we did yesterday. If I were to have a resolution, that is it. I want to do things in new ways each day. I would like to make fresh habits that are more positive and useful in my art life. Not only do I want to dream bigger. I want to dream BETTER!

So what about the EGG? Here is the very first thing I am going to do differently. So simple. So useful. So funny!
WATCH THIS! :-)



Click pic to watch.

1 comment:

artjas said...

Sheree Is Back !!! This post really hits the mark for me. Thanks (and by the way the video is funny !!)