Saturday, January 31, 2009

Art Blog: Sequestered

Deadlines. I love deadlines most of the time. I am one of those people who will diddle daddle around and get nothing done UNLESS there is a deadline. If I have a set date or event for which I have to produce, that deadline sets a fire under my butt. Right now, the bonfire is raging! In fact, the thought has crossed my mind; I have bit off more than I can chew. We will see.

I have been sequestered. I went out yesterday and bought my rations. I have food and beverage to last the next few days. This is going to be a major art weekend. I am not leaving this building at all! I have two projects due in less than two weeks. Neither of them is half done. Burn baby burn! LOL

So, I got up this morning and ran into my studio. Holy Macaroni! Now I hate to even say this because I know all you northerners are freezing your tails off. However, this FLORIDA girl starts shivering at 70 degrees. Really. My Michigan blood has become thinner than water. I am cold all the time unless it is humid and sweaty hot. As I grabbed the paint and started stirring, my hands started aching. I looked at the thermometer and it was 44 degrees out there. After painting for twenty minutes, my hands were numb. Seriously!



I put on a few coats and ran into my computer room. I have heat in there. Luckily, one of my deadline projects is digital. Therefore, I will be able to run back and forth from heat to cold and back again. This will give me time for my hands to thaw out. I am waiting for paint to dry. I am working on my computer project now.



“The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!”


PLEASE SUN, come out. Sheree needs her hands warm to paint! :-)

2 comments:

gilda said...

I love deadlines too. Have to have them so there is a finite beginning and end to my thought patterns. This is not just in my art-making processes, but at work too.

At school my department administrator tells me what I have to accomplish this week, or this month, and then I do it. Then she checks it off the list. Then adds more to the list.

In my studio I have to be both artist and administrator! Making and monitoring my own list.But when I think about it I have been doing that forever.

Temperature is all relative.....outside today it is 15 degrees, when i stepped inside my studio today I thought I would choke from the heat---and it was only 55 degrees inside!
Its good that you and I are both flexible and adaptable!

namastenancy said...

Ah, I'm with gilda. Once the temperature gets above 60, I am uncomfortable. Over 70, it's a heat wave and over 80---I can't function. But if you need the Florida heat to be creative, then GO FOR IT!