Sunday, January 18, 2009

Art Blog: It MADE it!

A week or so ago, I very timidly got on the USPS post office website to see if something was delivered. The confirmation said:
“Label/Receipt Number: 0404 9420 9410 1309 2569
Status: Delivered
Your item was delivered at 7:04 AM on January 5, 2009 in SWAINSBORO, GA 30401”


HOORAY! It made it! I have been wanting to talk about this for weeks. However, I wanted to make sure it would really happen. I saw a call for entries for a show titled “The Art of Communication”. The piece artists submit to the show had to be sent sans any packaging. In other words, it had to be the MAIL. I have shown snippets of what I made, but never explained. Well, here is the explanation!



Click this pic to see the art vlog movie!



Click this pic to go to the direct link for the “ART OF COMMUNICATION” at GALLERY RFD slide show!

4 comments:

gilda said...

Sheree, I went to the site of the gallery and looked at the whole show....it looks really good! and the gallery has a rich track record of themed exhibitions. How did you find out about this space?

Sheree Rensel said...

Gilda,
You know. I am subscribed to so many things, I can't remember where I found the call for entries. However, I did my research too. It is a cool little gallery. That is why I did this. I have been emailing back and forth with them and they are so nice. This whole experience was just plain fun to do. Also, I got such a kick out of mailing it and then seeing it online in the gallery.
:-)

JafaBrit's Art said...

I think your piece is way cool, as is the whole concept. Off to peek at the gallery now.

ps enjoyed your vid.

Eero said...

That art bubble is so fun!

I looked at the quilt via the link you sent. That is a true work of art---so beautiful---and so much labor involved in that stitching!

E.