Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Art Blog: Generations

I just heard a news story called the differences in “GENERATIONS” in regard to the reaction to the inauguration. OH! I know about this! I cried today watching the inauguration. I am not young and hip. I am not an up and coming. However, I can tell you with full confidence and appreciation, I love all my years on this earth today. I love my age and experience because I watched the inauguration today with a knowing eye. I watched his speech. I watched the crowds. I can tell you all this with a very confident ear and eye. I can tell you this with confidence because I have witnessed the last 55 years. I know. I saw it happen.
One thing that struck me as I watched the proceedings today is the crowd and the energy that was emitted. It has been decades since I witnessed this kind of zeitgeist. DECADES!

Obama is not a messiah. He is a human. However, I truly believe with all my heart, he is a good human. Things are going to get better. I believe him. I believe we are finally on the upswing. Thank God!



Photo Credit: I don’t know. If you know, let me know. I will give credit!