Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Art Blog: Art DRAMA

This is hysterical. Sometimes I am a silly artist. I don’t know why but I truly feel this is going to be a great year for me and my art. I have no clue how I came to this conclusion. There is just something I feel intuitively. Like I have mentioned in previous posts I currently have pieces out at Salt Creek Artworks here in St. Pete and RFD Gallery in Georgia. Maybe I haven’t mentioned RFD because I wanted to wait until they get the show pics online so I can document the work there.

So today, I got home from work and picked up the mail from my box. I see a letter from Caladan Gallery. I had applied to be in a show titled “CREATING SYNTHESIS: EXPLORING ART AND TECHNOLOGY”. I looked at the letter and thought “This is weird. Why would they send me a snail mail letter when this show is about technology? Strange.” No sooner did that pass through my mind I thought “Oh crap. This is a rejection letter!” I threw it down on the table. I just didn’t want to deal with it at that moment. Then I stopped, stood and looked down at the envelope for a few moments. I almost threw it in the trash. I didn’t. I just stood there staring at it. I remembered my planned “good year”. I was already pissed that this envelope was going to wreck my prediction! LOL LOL LOL LOL

I picked the envelope up and tore it in a nasty, snotty way. I was taking my PRE-revenge before I even knew what the letter said. I opened it up just enough to take a peek. Here is what I saw:



I thought “What the hell?” LOL LOL I burst out laughing. See what I do to myself. I am my own worst enemy sometimes. I ripped open the envelope and read the letter. Sure enough, my work will be in the show. This is very cool. What isn’t so cool is my negative mindset. I have to work on this. Tee HEE HEE


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Sheree!

Eva

deb said...

well congratulations!!! and thank heavens you didn't rip it to shreds before reading!

JafaBrit's Art said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
congratulations

Sheree Rensel said...

Thanks Eva!

Sheree Rensel said...

Deb, You are right. It is good I actually read it. I thought the same thing. I have jumped to conclusions far too many times before. Maybe this is a step in my maturation process. LOL LOL

Sheree Rensel said...

Jaf,
Yeah, yeah, yeah. It is about frigin time things took an upswing. You know that darn pendulum! Back and forth, back and forth. Geesh!!!