Sunday, January 4, 2009

Art Blog: (ART) Anxiety Attack

This all started this morning. I got up and looked at one of my walls and it was different. I had taken some stuff down last night to take to a gallery today. The empty space started to make me freak out.


I rushed out into my studio and got four pieces to put up there. I couldn’t stand seeing the empty space. I couldn’t put them up fast enough!


Ahh……..much better! Things are all good, right? NO!

I started to pack up the car to head down to the gallery. No sooner did I get it loaded and sat down in the car, I started to have an anxiety attack. I have no idea where this came from but I nearly had an emotional meltdown. Luckily, I know what to do when this happens. It is still no fun. This anxiety is of no interest to me. However, I am very curious as to what is in the back of my mind that is causing my body to react in such a strange way. Watch this. On the way to the gallery, I capture the fight between my rational and emotional side. (I don’t need anybody around; I bicker with myself!)



CLICK THE PICTURE TO WATCH MY "MELTDOWN"
Art Vlog #3 Video

Breath Sheree Breath!!!

7 comments:

JafaBrit's Art said...

You do a super job with your videos (quality and style). I enjoyed watching it even though it wasn't an easy subject. I don't have anxiety attacks but I know enough about them to know they ain't pleasant.

I look forward to seeing the exhibit opening.

deb said...

wow you are so flippin honest, how do you do it? I love hearing your voice, it makes me feel even more like I know you!

Sheree Rensel said...

Jaf,
Thanks for the compliment. I have to admit though these "Little Wizzee" videos are far more relaxed and informal than my other YouTube vids. That is on purpose though. I want these vids attached to my blog to be more like impromptu vlogs.

No anxiety attacks are not pleasant, but when they are over, they are great for a good laugh!! LOL LOL

Sheree Rensel said...

Deb,
Why not be honest? I think it is important to just be frank ESPECIALLY about stuff like this. I mean, I really am a very able, successful human being, but I can seem like a HOT MESS sometimes. It is weird because this anxiety can be stressful (like yesterday), but that same energy helps to propel me in all my accomplishments. You know it is a Yin/Yang world.
Also, it helps a whole lot that I know what is happening and what to do about it. Years ago, I actually thought I was dying. Now, I know it will pass. :-)

deb said...

I guess I;m just too English for your brand of honesty, reserve is an inbred trait on the other side of the pond, stiff upper lip and all that, living here has certainly helped em relax!

Gayle said...

I'm grateful for your overwhelming honesty on your blog. Your video almost brought tears to my eyes as I relived my own anxiety attacks for just the reasons you state. I too cope with them (sometimes) with deep breathing and trying to talk myself out of it. I'm glad you've shown so clearly I'm not alone.

Sheree Rensel said...

Gayle,
I just told Eero on another post today, I know for sure I am doing one thing right. I am talking about stuff we ALL go through at one time or another. This little "attack" on this video is tame compared to what happened to me 20 years ago. Back then, I would have had to stop the car. I did exactly that on many occasions. I have these little episodes rarely now, maybe once or twice a year now. I just tell myself to get a grip and keep moving. They still aren't fun or comfortable, but at least I know I will live through them. LOL LOL LOL Thanks for your feedback! I truly appreciate it!