Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A New Mentor

I hesitated to write this post because I keep posting things I find on You Tube. The reason I have done this is because I am preparing to do some You Tube videos. Therefore, I am doing RESEARCH. I found this young artist who is so spectacular. She has such a great spirit and enthusiasm. She reminds me of ME (some 30 years ago). She is wiser than her years. All her videos are kind of weird, off center, and have a bizarre wisdom. I love them all.
Also, it helps that she has a fantastic sense of humor which is coupled with a solid sincerity. Her You Tube screen name is Suziblutube. I just love her ideas, philosophies, and videos so much. Check this one out. Listen and watch closely. Don't judge until the end. Even though I am old enough to be her mother, I see her as a mentor. She reminds me of the joy of life. She reminds me of the joy of art. She speaks the truth.

2 comments:

Martha Marshall said...

I love this Sheree! Thanks for finding this little gem.

Sheree Rensel said...

Martha,
This is a perfect example of the saying "Don't judge a book by its cover!". When I first started doing You Tube "research" I saw some of the stills of Suzi Blu's videos. I passed over them because I am not interested in getting involved with the "altered book" or cute collage artists arena. (For anyone reading this who is offended, I mean no harm. I just don't want to go there. Personal choice.)
Anyway, after watching umteen videos, I finally thought "Oh what the hell!". So I watched a Suzi Blu video. I realized I am so much like her. I am not talking about her art necessarily, although I think it is very cool. I am talking about her way of being and her ability to be so frank and candid. Also, I love that she reminds me of the purity of creating. She is the real deal and I love her videos! I am glad you see what I mean.
Hope things are going great for you. When are we going to get together some time?
:-)
Sheree